We Admissioner, provide help for Direct Admission in Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry Through Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats. If you are looking for direct way of get into Direct Admission in Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry Then Contact us.
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute (MGMCRI) is a medical college and hospital located in the Bahour taluk of the union territory of Puducherry, India. The institute is run by the institution of Sri Balaji Educational and Charitable Public Trust (SBECPT) and founded by chairman, Shri M.K. Rajagopalan.
The institution is recognized by the Medical Council of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Government of India, and the Government of Puducherry. M.G.M.C.R.I was affiliated to Pondicherry University. M.G.M.C.R.I was recognized as a deemed university by university grants commission, New Delhi, on 4 August 2008.
The campus is situated at Pillayarkuppam, 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) from the city of Pondicherry, near the town of Cuddalore.
In building this institution, Mr. M. K. Rajagopal, the young chairman, was assisted by Prof. Rajaram Pagadala, an eminent medical teacher, an able administrator and an efficient clinician, as the first director, CEO and dean of the MGMCRI. Prof. Rajaram had the experience of having been the dean of three other medical schools, including JIPMER in Pondicherry, College of Medical Sciences, Bharatpur in Nepal and Alluri Sita Ramaraju Academy of Medical sciences (ASRAM) in Eluru in Andhra Pradesh. He was decorated by the President of India as an Eminent Medical teacher of India and was awarded with Dr. B.C. Roy Award in 1993.
Dr DS Dubey took charge as the director and dean of the institution in 2002. Dr Dubey, an excellent administrator, teacher and clinician, had served as director of many institutions across India, including JIPMER. He also served as an inspector to the prestigious Medical Council of India. It was during his tenure the institution took complete shape and received international reputation. The period referred to as The Golden Period of MGMCRI. He held the office till the first batch of MBBS students passed out of the institution. Dr James Gnanadoss served as the director of the institute after the tenure of Dr Dubey. The first batch of this college started in 2002 April. Post graduate teaching began in April 2007. Its alumni association came into existence on 16 August 2007 and is known as Mahathma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute Fraternity (MGMCRI Fraternity).
Courses Offered :
- MS ENT
- DM Cardiology
- Candidates have to apply and appear for NEET UG exam conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Candidates with required NEET percentile will have to register for NEET UG Counselling.
- Further candidates have to participate in the counselling process for choice filling, choice locking and seat allotment.
- The counselling is conducted by The Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Aspirants have to choose Mahatma Gandhi Medical College And Research Institute, Pondicherry for the choice locking during the counselling.
- After the seat allotment, candidates have to report to MGMCRI for institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be based on the marks secured in NEET UG , participation in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.